Vacancy for Trainee Asbestos Removal Operative
Hereford Asbestos Services require a:
TRAINEE ASBESTOS REMOVAL OPERATIVE
Due to the expansion of the company, Hereford Asbestos Services require a Trainee Asbestos Removal Operative. The ideal applicant will live within Herefordshire although this is not essential.
Full training will be provided and we would expect trainees to progress to full site operative once the necessary experience has been gained. For those who show the relevant aptitude and commitment, there will be the possibility of further training and development to Site Supervisor level.
Duties and Responsibilities
The Trainee Asbestos Removal Operative will be required to undertake duties in accordance with Contract Managers / Supervisors recommendations, instructions, company policy and in accordance with client requirements.
Under direction of the Site Supervisor the Trainee Asbestos Removal Operative will assist with the following:-
- Specialist removal of all types of asbestos from client properties under the direction of site supervisor, for example: floor tiles, loft insulation, AIB panelling, external soffits, roof sheets.
- On-site implementation of Project requirements as shown in the applicable Plan of Work to ensure adherence to company procedures and HSE Guidelines
- Repairing asbestos materials using techniques such as encapsulation to seal damaged asbestos to make it safe to be left in place
- Bagging / wrapping and loading of asbestos waste material on site for carriage to an approved waste transfer station together with unloading on arrival
- Record keeping
- Maintaining a safe site environment for colleagues, clients and members of the public
- Additional general duties either on-site or at the company stores
- The successful candidate must be keen to learn the skills and knowledge required within the asbestos industry, have a responsible attitude, have the ability to deal with the physical requirements of the job, be able to work as part of a team and have the desire to develop within the role.
They must hold a full driving licence, be literate, practical, in good health, clean shaven at all times, and be willing to travel and stay away overnight for occasional periods.
The salary offered is dependent on experience. This would be approximately £70-95/day
To apply please forward your CV and covering letter to email@example.com
Get in Touch
Sigeric Business Park, Holme Lacy Rd, Hereford HR2 6BQ
01432 270113 firstname.lastname@example.org